Monday, June 9, 2014

A week of gaming overload

Just a brief update for now. E3 is starting up in a few hours and I will be drooling…er I mean watching that with anticipation. Microsoft is up first at 12p EST, and they have a big mountain to overcome after last year’s flop of a presentation. They have confirmed the name of their conference this year is Xbox: Game On, so hopefully they finally remember what it is gamers are looking for in a console. EA and Ubisoft follow at 3p and 6p EST respectively. Sony closes this evenings pre-show at 9p EST, and hopefully they can keep their momentum strong after last year’s strong showing.
Lastly, tomorrow at 12p EST, Nintendo will showcase their announcements with a web conference.
A lot has changed in a year, and I can’t wait to see them all.

WildStar

I spent most of my weekend gaming hours in WildStar, pushing towards level 15 to unlock my first mount, get my house (14 actually), and unlock adventures. I just got there last night before logging off, so I haven’t gotten my mount yet, though for the first time in an MMO I actually have enough money to get my mount right away, thanks to resisting the urge to tradeskill and just selling the materials I acquired.

So far, I have just one complaint worth mentioning, and it’s not even really that big of a complaint. There is an overabundance of quests in Celestion, so I out-leveled them quickly. I hate deleting quests, it feels like missed content, but when I hit level 12 and still have level 8 quests, I just had to let them go. I made sure there weren’t any good rewards awaiting me upon completing the quest, but not knowing what quest chain they may have unlocked still has me feeling like I may have missed something cool. Ah well, it is what it is, I suppose.

Anti-Anti-Social

Next phase for me includes playing around with housing a bit, though I don’t want to dump any amounts of gold into it just yet. That is still just a side amusement though. I feel now I can start in the MMO side of the game. In the recent past, I lost interest in games quickly, partly at least I feel because of the lack of community feeling. I’m trying my damndest to avoid this fate. I’ve joined a guild, in which I actively chat with guildies, though I have yet to fully connect. I am trying to remain active on the forums and the reddit channel. And I will group. If that means I can’t find a group for a bit so I log into a different alt or game to avoid solo-burning to max level, so be it. I will enjoy group content!

This evening I plan to get into my first adventure in game, and boy I can’t wait. I’ve heard they are a blast, given the right group…

Feel free to hit me up in game – Driachan on the Avatus server!

This Week…

Well, that’s it for now. E3 is starting shortly, I plan to follow that closely and get my impressions up as it goes. I also just picked up Watch_Dogs and put in a couple hours, so after a few more I will give my impressions on that as well. Lastly, a friend has been playing the new Wolfenstein pretty adamantly the last few days, and will be writing a guest post soon. Keep your eyes peeled in the next few days, going to be a busy gaming week!

Thanks for following!

-Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment